Honest and
Dedicated Legal Advocacy

Honest and Dedicated Legal Advocacy

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » Motor Vehicle Accidents

A Car Crash Can Change Your Life

A car crash can change everything within a matter of seconds. Being involved in an accident is an extremely scary experience and can leave you reeling. You may no longer have a usable vehicle and may be suffering serious injuries. Will you be able to work? Who will pay for your car? What now? We know how hard it is to put the pieces back together after an accident. Let the lawyers at Skala Miller, PLLC, Attorneys at Law, help you during this trying time.

I Have Been In An Accident. Now What?

After you have been involved in a car collision, it is important to remain calm, if possible. If you are injured, the first thing you should do is get medical help. Even if you do not think you’ve been injured, it’s important to see a doctor anyway, to make sure. That is because sometimes symptoms from a crash do not show up until later, and it is important for purposes of a legal claim to be able to attribute injuries to the crash itself.

You should also call the police to file a report, especially if you suspect the crash might be related to DUI. Never say you were at fault, even if you believe you might have been. You do not know the full story, and do not want to take the blame for something that was not actually your fault.

The police will file a report and help you contact an ambulance if necessary. It is also important to exchange insurance information with the other drivers involved in the crash. It might be useful to take pictures to document the accident scene, damage to your vehicle and any of your injuries, and talk to any witnesses present. Record their names and contact information. You can then show all of this to your insurance company when filing a claim.

What If The Other Driver Does Not Have Insurance?

An underinsured or uninsured driver in Pennsylvania will not have enough coverage to pay for your damages. This means you will have to turn to your own insurance coverage. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) as a part of your car insurance, this is what will pay for hit-and-run accidents or accidents where the other driver is not adequately insured. If you do not have UM/UIM insurance, you can still try to sue the other driver. But be aware that a person who does not carry adequate car insurance is not likely to have the kind of money to pay you in a settlement, either. This is why it is so crucial for drivers to carry UM/UIM coverage as a part of their car insurance.

Call Our Office Today

Working with insurance companies can be hard, but our team in Greensburg can help you get the results you deserve. You may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering. Call our office today at 724-221-3181 for a free consultation with an attorney, or fill out our contact form here.