Honest and
Dedicated Legal Advocacy

Honest and Dedicated Legal Advocacy

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Law
  4.  » 
  5. DUI
  6.  » DUI: Second/Subsequent Offense

Don’t Let Drinking And Driving Ruin Your Future

Driving under the influence can have serious repercussions. If your blood alcohol content (BAC) is .08 percent or above, you are considered impaired. Getting charged with DUI can not only influence your driving privileges but also your current or future employment, schooling, or other licenses or certifications. If you have been arrested for a second or subsequent DUI, it is especially important to get legal representation. The team at Skala Miller, PLLC, Attorneys at Law, in Greensburg, knows how to handle this tough situation and can help you when you need it most.

What Constitutes A Second Or Subsequent Offense?

It is considered a second offense or subsequent offense if you have already been charged with a DUI within the past 10 years. If convicted, you will be ordered to have an ignition interlock device installed in your car. This means you will have to use a machine much like a Breathalyzer every time you would like to drive. Based on your BAC, you may also be facing steep fines, jail time and having your driver’s license suspended.

What If I Refused A Breathalyzer?

Pennsylvania is considered an “implied consent” state. This means you must provide a test by blood, breath or urine when pulled over by an officer. If you have been pulled over and refuse to take the breath test, you will face fines and an automatic license suspension. On your second offense, it is an 18-month suspension, and you will be automatically found guilty. If you have made this decision, our legal team can still help you. We know how to fight these crimes and help you retain or regain your driving privileges.

Time Is Of The Essence; Call Us Now

Using a car is a privilege we have grown accustomed to. It is how we get to work every day, visit our family and run errands. You do not want to risk losing your license or going to jail. Contact a lawyer at our office today for a free consultation at 724-221-3181 or fill out our contact form here.